Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Book Talk

As an avid reader, I love recommendations on good books, finding new authors, wandering in bookstores or searching through amazon's catalogue, hearing what books have affected those around me and how, and, honestly, reading just about anything I can get my hands on.

Today, doing my typical morning reading, I found two articles in Relevant Magazine that talk about books. Book Chat lets us hear from McLaren, Kimball and Dreher and give them an opportunity to talk about writing and books that impacted their lives.

Judging a Book By it's Gender talks about what kind of books we read. What kind of issues matter only to women? What kind of things matter only to men? It's an interesting question...perhaps I'll have to do some "research" of my own on this one.

No comments: