Sunday, October 28, 2007

Another good quote

“This is the true joy of life; the being used for a purpose recognized by yourself as a mighty one, being a force of Nature rather than a feverish selfish little cloud of ailments complaining that the world will not devote itself to making you happy.” – George Bernard Shaw

As I navigate through this time of life I've "lovingly" nicknamed "my transition" (of which I know this will not be the last), one thing that rings true is this: I want to live life intentionally, choosing to live each day out of my God-given strengths and abilities not simply for my own gain but for a higher purpose, for something that truly matters.

What I "do," then, becomes merely a reflection of who I am and who I'm becoming as an adopted, cherished daughter of the King.

I do not want to live for what society deems as success or to gain all the goods of this world even though sometimes it's incredibly tempting. I want to live to experience the abundance that is promised to those who live as Christ. To find joy, purpose and meaning in life is of critical importance to me. To be able to find the subtle treasures in life and live in awareness of the moment is, in my mind, where joy and purpose are found.

I want to make a difference in this world because I am different.

No comments: