Tuesday, August 08, 2006

A Quiet Weekend

Another long weekend has come and gone. I don't know that I'd say that I feel totally refreshed (I think I need more than 3 days to accomplish that after the hectic pace of July) but I sure am thankful for those 3 days. It felt so good to sit outside on warm afternoons and/or evenings and have food and conversation with good friends - my friends, my own age, not work related. It was fantastic to be able to catch up. I felt a little bit grown up too :) There were also Ikea trips - yes, trips - a great church service even if Steve's sermon did get a little close to home, Willy Wonka, Starbucks trips and a chance to read...finally...all the good things in life...or at least a lot of them. I've missed my books in all the madness. Silly, huh? I'm still reading the Poisonwood Bible. And that's not because it's bad, just because I haven't' had a lot of time. Then, this morning, I found a relevant article highlighting some summer reads. Oh to have time to plow through some summer reads...I need a holiday!

No comments: