Thursday, August 10, 2006

Homecoming

Today I write with mixed feelings, in memory of a wonderful man, friend, husband, father, and grandfather. (Uncle) Art Breitkreutz passed away this morning, in his home, after a short yet painful battle with pancreatic cancer. He would have been 57 this coming Saturday. There's so much to say and so many good memories of our time with him and so he will be missed by all of us. It's hard to think of life without someone who has been there forever. I will be remembering his wife, my dear Aunty Gudrun, and his kids, Kevin (his wife, Ruth, and their 3 kids) and Sheila (her husband, Trent) as they will miss him most. I think of my mom and dad, too, who are missing one of their closest and dearest friends, a man who has been like an uncle to me. And yet I rejoice because he is home. Jesus welcomed him home this morning with open arms. As Uncle Art told my mom and dad, "we've done so much together but this time I'm going on ahead. I'll meet you there."

I love you, Uncle Art. See you at home.

No comments: