Saturday, August 12, 2006

A new delacacy

I've found a new treat today (thanks Sean and Cheryl!) and it's not chocolate!!! We went to the Curry Barracks Farmers' market, a melange of colors, smells, sights, tastes and sounds, and bought our fresh fruit and vegetables for the day. One of the treats we found was fresh figs. I'd had some in Denver and they were terrible but, trusting the recommendation of my friends, I tried them and am I ever glad I did!!! Seriously, there's a reason that figs are the delecacy of royalty around the world. They're so good...and I think they might even be good for me.

Then we went through some of the trendier parts of town, looking at used books, antiquest, and finding new places for good food and fun. What a day!

Try some figs, you'll like them...really!

2 comments:

Dayna Chu said...

After our Denver experience, Stace, I am hesitant... but since you were there too... I'll give 'em another shot sometime!
:) Did it make you feel like a princess?
D

Stacey Sparshu Miller said...

They kinda did...honest. After Denver, I was hesitant too but I learned that whatever those Americans tried to feed us and pass off as figs were NOT the treat that I had at the market!!!