Friday, February 15, 2013

Lexicon Project :: Celebrate

I snapped a bunch of pictures this week but, for now, you get just this one.


A dozen for me and 6 for each of his little girls. I'm celebrating the love of a good man. Love you, Mr. Miller!


Seriously, could there have been a better word for this week? Celebrate. Now, at the risk of being totally cliche, I went for it with my project photo. Valentine's Day. I know there's a lot of folks out there who think it's a silly Hallmark money grab holiday. Or that we shouldn't need a special day to tell the special people in our lives that they are, well, special. But the truth is, I like it. Not the pink, red, commercialized with hearts and big expectations kind of celebration. I like it the way I like birthdays and anniversaries because, frankly, I think they're just a good excuse to stop and celebrate the people we care about it. Let's face it, life is busy. There's work and house cleaning and dinner to make and kids "stuff" to take care of and laundry (oh the laundry) and people to see and basements to finish and....oh, the lists just go on, don't they? Time flies and life is busy so why not take an excuse, any excuse to celebrate? To celebrate good things (and good people) in life.

No comments: