Friday, February 22, 2013

From the Interweb :: Feb 22, 2013

Sharing some of the winners from around the interweb over the last couple of weeks. I've been working on this post (and a few others to come shortly) over the last several weeks but have been having trouble posting. I'm not sure if it's an internet problem, a computer problem or a web host problem but it seems to have cleared itself up. Sorry for the barrage to follow!

Whatever you do, don't let them take your faith, Kathy Escobar. Seriously. I think this woman reads my mind. Or my heart. I've said it before, I know, but this is the best one yet. Listen to this: "i had given my life & my family & my heart & blood-and-sweat-and-tears to that place and in a flash i was on the outs. their world carried on like nothing had ever happened and i was left crawling on the floor in a big heap of anger & shame & grief." So good. So true. And by putting it out there, she makes it not so weird, so abnormal and so unmanageable. Thanks, Kathy.

Your Care Guide: 25 Point Manifesto for Sanity in 2013, Ann Voskamp. 'Cause who couldn't use a bit more sanity?

Hall Suspended Two Games for Kneeing Clutterbuck, TSN. That sucks. who's name is really Clutterbuck?

74 Simple Things You Can Do to Brighten Your Spouse's Day, Engaged Marriage. A good list. Pick one and see what happens.

How I'm Learning to Rise to a Better Story, Tina Francis @ She Loves Magazine It all started with some great photography that caught my eye but her words are eye (and heart) catching as well. And the quote she added (image above), might just happen to be one of my more often repeated sentiments. Oh, I feel a rant coming on....

Three Things about one word: church, Kathy Escobar. What my heart for church still says it could and should be. 

100 words: who are you, In the Name of Love. 100 words was enough to describe so beautifully who we are are. who we can be. who we should be.

World's Okayest Mom, Kristen @ We Are That Family. It just feels good to read those words sometimes.

Maternity Photography: Leah Cook. Great tips on shooting great photos...love the work she showcases in this article.

What 200 Calories Look like in Different Foods, Bored Panda. You just might be surprised by the piles of food on the plates!

Surreal Self-Portraits by 22-Year-Old Noell S. Oszvald, Bored Panda. I anticipate posts by these guys. There's always something cool or amazing or just plain weird. This one was no exception. These photos are incredible. Even more so when you realize they're SELF portraits! 

A Little Known Secret, Carey Nieuwhof @ Orange Parents. Spoiler alert: "your emotions will eventually catch up to your obedience." What if we applied that secret to all the 'i don't feel like it' moments of life?


My Journey from Extrovert to Introvert, Where my heart resides. I'm thrilled with people who can share their stories bravely. And I get the realization that maybe, maybe, you're not as extroverted as you thought. I'm really not.

And an added bonus for sticking with me...
Banana Nut Pancakes, The Happy Housewife. Get. In. My. Belly.

No comments: