Friday, February 22, 2013

Current Read :: Feb 11, 2013

The Columbus Affair, Steve Berry
Another of Berry's thrillers. A good story and a nice break. Missed Cotton Malone though. It just wasn't the same without him. 


Mists of Avalon, Marion Zimmer Bradley
I'm not sure how I've missed this one until now - it was written in 1989! - or even who recommended it but I'm sure glad I found it. I find myself deep into the depths of Arthurian legend, a story I truly do love, but from a whole new perspective. This is Arthur from the eyes of the women of his court: his mother, his half sister, his wife, his aunts. Queens, priestesses, mothers, sisters and friends.

Also interesting is the kingdom wide battle of "christian" vs "pagan," how each is portrayed, and the role played by both.

No comments: