Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Rays of Sunshine

Did you know that pretty pink toes, done by someone else, can change your day? I didn't. But now I do.

I wrote a while back about how saying thank you saves my life, saves my soul. Some days need more saving then others. Here's what I'm learning. There's always something to complain about, to grumble about or to worry about. If you're looking, though, there's also something to be thankful for. Perspective changes things.

Today, I choose to focus my perspective on the things that I'm thankful for. Not always easy but it's easier than the angry girl. No one likes the angry girl. So yes, I choose to be thankful. And there are things for which gratitude can abound.

Like early morning texts with a good friend.

Affirmation over decisions made. Maybe I'm not a big, fat jerk.

Actually getting to see my wonderful husband before he left for work. That's a good way to start the day.

Trading syrup for salmon and a quick visit.

Mocha in the sunshine and beer with lunch. 

A day to get a few things crossed off the list. Oh, the list feels long but one thing at a time, they're going, going, gone.

Produce put up in creative ways (more on how this was good for my soul another time, I'm sure!). 

Sunshine. Summer is NOT over, folks.

And pretty pink (or maybe they're purple, it's hard to tell) toes and, more importantly, a friend to share the morning with, one who understood that today was a day that needed company. Thank you!

There are rays of sunshine in even the most cloudy of days.

No comments: