Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Current Read

 A Wind in the Door, Madeleine L'Engle

This is the follow up to A Wrinkle in Time and is filling in the gap in my "I don't know what the heck to read right now" stage of life. I still just want to get into the Robin Hobb books that are somewhere hidden in the boxes in my garage but, since I don't know where they are, this one will have to do. A Wrinkle in Time was a smart, thought provoking yet quick read so I'm looking forward to this one too.
 Divergent, Veronica Roth

Okay, this was another one of those post apocalyptic young adult fiction that seem to be catching everyone's attention right now and, I must confess, I loved it. If you liked The Hunger Games, you'll enjoy this one, even though they're truly entirely different (outside of the whole post apocalyptic world thing). It was fun, interesting and a nice escape from the day to day stuff.
Paris Vendetta, Steve Berry

This was one of the last one of the Cotton Malone series that I needed to read to close the gap between where I started and the beginning. Only one more to go! It filled in a bunch of the details to happenings alluded to in the latter books and took a bit of a shot at the few truly monetarily rich of the world and what they could do if they truly put their evil minds and their money together.

No comments: