Wednesday, May 23, 2007

A Stolen Moment...

...or quote...that will only take a moment to read...okay so it was a shamless grab for a title. Deal with it. The quote is better. I stole it from my friend Tim's blog. It is the way I feel about church. Perhaps it's just me being stubborn. I have watched people all around me give up on the church (especially the institution of it) because of all of the politics, pride, misinterpretation, judgement and just plain sin that they see there...and, in many ways, I see their point. Leaving is one way of handling it. I just can't give up though. I don't feel that God gives up on us. I don't know what I can accomplish as one person but I know it's something. I truly believe that God is raising up a generation who is feeling enough discontent with the way things are in the institution of the church and are searching for a better way, a more authentic, godly way, and will begin change by His power and His Spirit.

So that was a big leadup to a stolen quote. Here it is:

"We're going to stop complaining about the church that we've experienced and try to become the church that we dream of."

Shane Clairborne
The Simple Way

I am excited about what we can accomplish when we make that our focus. Stop complaining and get to work.

No comments: