Friday, April 28, 2006

Venture teams...The return

I'm baaaaaaaaack...

I just got back from spending a week at the VTI training facility. What a week!! First off, we're out of cell phone range, there's no TV and the internet is pretty much non-existent. The internet part bugged me at first but I soon realized how peaceful this can be! We're in the foothills about an hour outside of Calgary and the weather is fantastic. There's fresh air and sunshine all around. Best of all, though, was the people. It's amazing to me how quickly it can become family when you're with a bunch of fellow Christians!

Here's some highlights:

Karyn who became pretty much like a sister to me. Love that girl!!
Spending time with Marilyn laughing, praying and loving our Edmonton Oilers!
Lots of time in worship and prayer.
One very ridiculous volleyball game. All I have to say is WOW!
Dustin...thanks for the chats!
Bonita. Need I say more?!
The food. They fed us like royalty...mmmm....
Sunset last night. God is so good!
Lindsay fall down the hill.
Falling up the hill.
Sleeping in.
More time for prayer and worship. What a good reminder to make that central!
Hearing the stories of the lives and ministries of the VTI folk. This is one special bunch of people. Each VTI team member, staff member or ministry rep contributed to a great week. Thanks!

So I'm glad I went and I am encouraged.

Here's one of the things that I was blessed by this week, a statement from Crystelle as we were discussing our futures and I pointed out that I long to be on the frontlines of ministry. She said, "Just recently, I was told by a man at one of our stops that unless I wanted to be on the frontlines myself, I could never be a good recruiter." Hmmm. I don't know how long I will be a recruiter for ABC but for as long as I am, I will use my passion for ministry to fuel my "recruiting gas tanks." Each student that I can advocate for and bring to the college, is another student who is being equipped to do kingdom work.

No comments: