Tuesday, April 11, 2006

For the Busy: Cooking Ahead

I love to cook. It's one of my favorite things to do. My Grandmas are both great cooks. My mom is a great cook. I grew up in the church and on the farm where potlucks are a staple of life and most of the women are good cooks. I'd like to say that I, too, am a good cook.

Here's where the "but" comes in though. I'm single - and it's no fun to cook for just me - and I'm busy with my job - obviously still working on how to make the best use of my time some days. I don't always have the desire or time to cook a good meal, a problem compounded by the fact that I'm not good at cooking for one and so I end up eating the same thing for weeks. I like to eat a good meal though. It's important to me to eat healthy. Apparently I'm not the only one who has this dilemma. I was reading an article today that talked about freezing quantities. It sounds like a good idea, in theory. I do it occasionally. The writer says to just look up "freezer cooking" for websites that give recipes and tips to make it work. Perhaps it's time to give it a try...

No comments: