Thursday, May 28, 2009

Thankful

I'm a big believer that feelings and actions are connected but not in the way that most people assume. I think the general assumption tends to be that ones actions are a reflection of one's feelings. You know how it goes. Boy likes girl so boy pursues girl. What if that's only part of the picture? What if our actions inform our emotions, our feelings, our heart?

Right now I'm not feeling too thankful. It's a season, I guess. It's easier to see the things that are frustrating, discouraging, disappointing and hurtful. Instead of focusing on that, however, today I choose to think about the things that I am thankful for. I am actively focusing on those things and hoping that by choosing that path I will be able to embody a heart of thankfulness.

So here it is. Right now, I'm thankful for...
  • Sunshine and warm weather.
  • A good cup of coffee. It's amazing how a good cup of coffee can make the day brighter.
  • Green grass.
  • The smell of the blossoms on the tree outside my door.
  • Chocolate...the darker the better.
  • Being active.
  • Not one but two jobs that I enjoy
  • Games. Board games. Sports. I like games.
  • Good books
  • Kids. They're fun...and their love is unconditional.
  • warm showers after teaching swimming lessons.
  • Staying connected via my blackberry. It's a fun new toy.
  • People that understand, sympathize but don't patronize. They're few and far between but a gift when you find them.
  • Flip flops...and no socks. I don't like socks.
  • BBQ'ing

1 comment:

christopher said...

Feeling thankful always seems to go hand-in-hand with feeling happy. It is a good combination.