Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Here's another reason that I know it is really spring...wait for it...ball season! I played my first game tonight (they played last week but I had to work so it doesn't really count). There was no rain and no sno..wait...um...none of that white stuff that starts with "s" (Can't say it. Don't want to jinx it!)...just a lot of wind. It was cold but we played. I wasn't swinging very well yet but played descent in the field - first base tonight, boys - so that made me feel a bit better.

It just felt so good to be outside playing a sport after what's felt like a long, long time indoors over the winter. I love sports. I love outside. I love hanging out with good people. Putting the three together just seems like a good idea.

The team looks good and I'm happy to be playing. I think it's going to be a good season.

3 comments:

christopher said...

i miss playing ball with you guys. even if i can't stay standing while running. :)

Stacey Sparshu Miller said...

We miss you too, Chris! I'll try to keep you updated so you still feel a bit in the loop, k!?

christopher said...

Okay, I'd enjoy that. :)