Wednesday, January 07, 2009

A bit about me

I had to write a bio for work this week. Thought I'd share...

I grew up on a farm outside of a small Alberta town but moved to the ‘big city’ of Calgary when I was 18 to go to school. I felt like the proverbial country mouse then and, honestly, sometimes still do! Perhaps that explains why one of my favorite things to do is get out of the city and enjoy the beauty of God’s creation. A few other things I enjoy? Photography, reading a good book, music, movies, deep discussions about life, baking, learning new stuff (about just about anything), swimming, and drinking a good cup of coffee, especially if there’s chocolate to go with it. I’m an Oilers fan in spite of (or maybe because of) living in Calgary. I love summer but NOT winter. I think that pizza should have it’s own food group. I love people. I’m blessed with great friends and family and have been privileged to spend the last 10 years of my life in some form of ministry to youth, children or young adults. I’ve decided that the greatest calling in life is to love God and to love people and I’m learning that my heartbeat is to walk with people as they learn more about who God is and who He intends them to be.

No comments: