Thursday, April 19, 2007

Question of the Day

Okay, for all of you who travelled with me on the CCUFairs and put up with my questions of the day, this post is for you.

Remember when I asked the question "if you were an animal, what would you be?"

Remember how much I argued the fact that so many of you suggested/agreed that I would be a flamingo (it better not have anything to do with their small brains!!)?

Well, today I had a couple of students in my office and we were looking at one of those Hallmark books for if you're blue (aka sad). It had a different animal picture on every page with a phrase underneath. It started with all the reasons you could be blue. Lonely. Exhausted. Left out. Blah, blah, blah.

We were picking which animals we were. I picked out the hippo. Not because it was a hippo but because of the word underneath. I don't even remember what it was. It doesn't matter. They didn't agree with me and went in to all of the reasons i couldn't be a hippo. I tried to tell them they missed the point but they weren't following. Anyway, then we flipped the page and there was a lion and it said "exhausted and can't feel like you can go on?" I was like, "oh hey, that's me!" One of the girls rolled her eyes, looked at me and said, very matter o' factly: "no, I think you're more of a flamingo."

There you go.

I was wrong.

Yup, I can say it.

4 comments:

Sheryl said...

Oh, I'm sorry Stacey... I'm practically 100% sure that you're brain is much much bigger than that of a flamingo...:)

See you in a couple of days!

Stephen said...

Well... I guess if you can admit to being wrong we can admit to being right.

Unknown said...

I still say dog for myself. Perhaps it's more about envy of a dog's life. I'm looking at my dog across the room, snoozing on our couch.

Anonymous said...

Awesome. And I still think I'm a vulture.

"What d'you wanna to today?"
"I dunno. What you wanna do?"
"Hey, now don't start that again!"