Thursday, April 12, 2007

A blast from the past...


...or maybe it's more of a bounce! My cousin, Penny, was able to get me a copy of the first season of Disney's Gummi bears on DVD so that's what I'm watching right now. I remember many Saturday afternoons watching the little guys, singing the theme song and quoting some of the more memorable lines. Oh yes, I'm a child of the 80's.
Now to find some of the others...Ewoks, Tailspin, Ghostbusters, Transformers, Care Bears, Rescue Rangers, Smurfs...oh man! I love it!


6 comments:

Stephen said...

Oh man... I LOVE 80's cartoons. I'm one set away from the complete He-man DVD collection. Them I'm moving to transformers, dark wing duck, GI Joe, TMNT, and the ones you mentioned. I thought Tailspin was cool.

The Best's said...

Did you ever watch Fragglerock? ooh My pet Monster was another favourite, and raccoons.

Dayna Chu said...

I'm not sure if being born in the early 80s qualifies you as being a child of the 80s... but I'm not remembering your age right now. If you were less than 10 years old when the 80s ended, I'm not sure if you qualify. Then again, you do have the right list of cartoons ;) Do you remember the SNORKS?

http://en.wikipedia.org/
wiki/The_Snorks

D

Stacey Sparshu Miller said...

Oh Dayna...yes, born in the 70's...just slipped in there...and watched ALL the 80's cartoons.

Stacey Sparshu Miller said...

About the Snorks...never watched them (we didn't get them on peasant vision) but I did read the comic books...might be an ebay dvd hunt item :)

Tim Kantel said...

Being a true 80'd kid for whom Saturday Mornings was true happiness how about these?

- Schoolhouse Rock
- Rubix the Amazing Cube
- The WWF Superstars Cartoon
- Superfriends (my favourite)