Monday, April 09, 2007

Missing Much Music

Question: What are your favorite songs of the past 10 years?

Here's why I ask: I recently had my hard drive from my computer, well, reworked, redone, and basically salvaged from my old computer. Fortunately, we were able to save both the hard drive and most of the files. One file I was sad to lose, though, was my music file which I'd been building since 1998. If you know me and my music, you know that this is a big deal. Anyway, I don't remember everything that was in there so I thought I'd put a shout out for a little bit of teamwork. Even if your favorite song isn't my favorite song, odds are pretty good that it will start my brainstorming functions and still be helpful!

Perhaps I should just ask, what are your all time favorite songs?

Make the lists as long as you want! I'm ready to hear what you have to say!

4 comments:

Dayna Chu said...

All time favourites? Too much pressure man. You know when you have 25 "genres" auto-listed on your iPod, you have eclectic tastes... mostly thanks to my hubby. Here are some of my favourites:

* Caedmon's Call
* U2
* Chris Tomlin
* Amanda Marshall
* Harry Connick Jr
* Barenaked Ladies
* John Mayer
* Dixie Chicks
* Downhere
* Starfield
* Third Day
* Jim Brickman
* Savage Garden
* Van Morrison
* Yanni
* Ginny Owens
* Michael W. Smith
* Riley Armstrong
* Switchfoot

Unknown said...

Dunn's Top 10 Christian Pop/Rock Songs
1. Treasure – Tree63
2. Salt and Light – Jamie Smith
3. Healer – Ten Shekel Shirt
4. He Reigns – Newsboys
5. Show You Love – Jars of Clay
6. Come Ye Sinners – Jamie Smith
7. House of Memories – Ten Shekel Shirt
8. Your Love is Deep – Jamie Smith
9. Gone - Switchfoot
10. Scream – The Benjamin Gate

Dunn's Top 10 Non-U2, Non-Christian Songs
1. Santa Monica – Everclear
2. Sit Down – James
3. Now They’ll Sleep – Belly
4. All I Wanted – In Tua Nua
5. The Obvious Child – Paul Simon
6. The Rising – Springsteen
7. Do You Sleep? – Lisa Loeb
8. World Leader Pretend – R.E.M.
9. Send Me On My Way – Rusted Root
10. One Country – Midnight Oil

Dunn's Top 10 U2 Songs (in chrono order)
Pride – U2
I Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For – U2
With or Without You – U2
Running to Stand Still – U2
One Tree Hill – U2
Until the End of the World – U2
One – U2
Walk On – U2
Kite – U2
Crumbs From Your Table – U2

Tim Kantel said...

This is a hard one...

I'm a child of the 80's so for that era, "The Safety Dance" by Men Without Hats is a favourite.

I've got Evan into it now and you should see us dance up a storm when I play in on my computer.

Stacey Sparshu Miller said...

You people are fabulous! Let the RE-collecting begin!