Thursday, October 05, 2006

Thanksgiving comes early for the Sparshu family

No, I'm not talking about dinner. Our family got some terrific news this week and, since our family is well overdo for some good news (it's been a pretty rough year!), I couldn't wait until the actual holiday to share. Is it odd to anyone else that we have to actually set aside a day to be thankful? Kindof sad, isn't it? Oh, but I digress...back to the good news.

Just about a month ago, my dad had surgery for prostate cancer. He's been healing well and has seemed to be more patient through the healing process which is all good news. Of course I could be making assumptions on the patience part since I'm almost four hours away and hear stories via phone conversations but again, I digress. Back to the story. Here's where the really good news comes in. This week he went for his follow up appointment with the doctor and I think we were all relieved to hear that everything looks good and as far as they can tell THE CANCER IS GONE and everything is clear!

Our God is the great physician!

No comments: