Monday, June 16, 2008

Coming in July...

...more change. That's right. Life is full of it. It's what keeps it exciting. It's what's been keeping me growing and changing and trusting in a God who's got it in control as I'm forced to admit over and over that I do not have it in control.

So yes, July is bringing more change for me. I have been hired by Journey to serve as Children's minister while our current minister is on maternity leave. I'm pretty excited...even though right now it still seems a little surreal. It's part time so I will continue to work for the City as an instructor and lifeguard.

My prayer is that I will be able to serve well in both capacities. I'm seeing both roles as a privilege, hopefully each making me better at the other, keeping me aware and thoughtful in both. I'm excited, too, about what I will learn and how I will be shaped by this next year.

I wonder what God has in store for me through it all.

One thing's for sure: I won't be the same when this year is done...and I'm glad.

1 comment:

Katie Stemp said...

yay! Contrats! I have a great book you should read "Children Matter" by Scottie May (and some others). I read it for my children's ministry class this past year. woo hoo!