Thursday, January 10, 2008

Especially for Sheryl and Stephen

Okay, so I'm on my way home from work today, riding public transit and listening to podcasts on my ipod (my favorite way of reclaiming the hours I spend there!). The choice for this evening was the sermon from Erwin McManus' church, Mosaic, from Dec. 30 on the joy of God.

Anyway, he's talking about the passage "consider it pure joy, my brothers" and talking about the meaning of joy.

How there's happy and unhappy but no "unjoy." Cool thought, huh!?

Then he translates the passage this way: "consider it calm delight."

My thoughts went to rivers, more specifically to canoeing on green mountain water...yes, that's delight.

Then a song came through my head..."I've got peace like a river, love like an ocean, joy like a fountain in my soul..."

...and suddenly, in my mind, I was thinking about a ride on a bus and canoeing on a river of love. Oh the memories. Miss you guys!

1 comment:

Sheryl said...

Oh wow, Stacey.. sorry I missed this one! That was a very interesting memory for sure! haha.. now I can't stop laughing...