Saturday, November 17, 2007

Beautiful Belleville

*written on Nov. 14, 2007...but again, sketchy internet access means it's being posted today...oh well.

The sun is shining in Belleville. What a treat. It's been rainy, cold and grey for days. It's amazing to me how much a little sunshine can affect a personality...or at least my personality!

That said, today was probably my first real meltdown of the trip. Grumpy, grumpy. I wanted to go home, I didn't want to do another presentation, I didn't want another hotel room and I didn't want another restaurant meal! I think the big thing was the presentations - that's what set me off. I got into my presentations and couldn't remember what I'd said to what group. Had I included the stuff about loans to this group or was that yesterday? How many times have I said the exact same thing!? I mean, I've become okay with the fact that I don't have a clue what day it is or what city I'm in but this seemed much more internal and, I felt, like it really did affect my actual job performance. I felt like it's getting worse not better. The perfectionist in me just can't handle that! I know I'm just cracking up - a little bit of momentary grumpiness that I need to vent about - but today I'm just ready to be done. Guess I needed to vent a bit.

Only 33 more presentations to go...

No comments: