Saturday, March 10, 2007

Fun Finds at the Farmers' market


Every time I go to the Farmer's Market, I come home having found some new treasure or tasty treat - not that I buy them, necessarily, but I feel like I have uncovered some new mystery!

Today's treat is a new fruit - Kiwi Berries. They're about the size of a steroid enhanced grapes and grow on vines like grapes. Inside they look and have the texture of a kiwi. The thing is, and maybe it's just because they're a novelty today, is that they taste like both but better! They're so good! You just pop the whole thing in your mouth and enjoy. Don't worry, they're not fuzzy like a kiwi.
Apparently they only have a two week season so you have to move fast if you want to taste them.
And if you're wondering, yes, this is what I do with time off...and I love it!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Never heard of them, but they look sooooo good.

Can you e-mail me at work with a non-work e-mail address? I'm going into withdrawl!

Lisa

John, Angie and the kiddos said...

I love the Farmer's Market - the one off Crowchild right? Such a sweet place.

8 losses in a row Stace. I've gotten to the point where I don't even react anymore. It's beyond bad, its embarassing.

John

The Best's said...

I've never been, Can I come next time?

Stacey Sparshu Miller said...

Of Course you can come, Tash! I'd love to take you.

And I know, John. 8 in a row sucks! So sad. Lowe says he has a strategy...I think he needs to find a new one or find a new place to call home!!!!!!