Thursday, February 15, 2007

Today

So far, my life at ABC has been, well, interesting to say the least. I know that I probably won't see just how valuable my time there has been until I'm looking back on it, whenever that should be. That said, I was reminded today of two very valuable things, two incredible blessings that have come to me through my time there.

1. My students. I'm continually amazed at how much I can love them and believe in them. They mean the world to me!

2. My recruiter friends. Some of my closest friends in the world are those people that I travel with, do events with, share work stress with and yet, in many people's perspective, work in "competition" with. I'm at the Alberta Christians Schools International Teachers' Convention to finish off this week. It's not a very high intensity event and so I've had some time to catch up with some of them...and it feels like home. A bunch of us went for supper tonight and honestly it's the most relaxed and most at home I've felt with a group of people in a long time. I can be open and honest with them and I'm pleased that they can do the same. We joke and laugh. We pray together. We talk deep "God" stuff. We live life. Some of us email in between but even if we don't, it's fine. You know that kind of friend? They're good to have. I'm thankful for my recruiter friends and look forward to spending tomorrow with them too!

Thanks guys!!!! Love y'all...even the ones who aren't here...it's true!

1 comment:

Dayna Chu said...

And, we missed you Stephen!