Saturday, November 11, 2006

On the Road Again

Yup, on the road again - not the Willy Nelson song but it's my life. Currently in snowy Barrie, ON for the Eastern portion of the Christian College and University Fairs. It seems to always snow when I'm here. It didn't start until after the evening and so it didn't have any affect on our event today...still lots of interesting people to chat with. Other than that, it's pretty safe to say that so far the trip has been good...did I mention flying into TO with Lanny McDonald on a trusty Westjet plane? He was going to the Hockey Hall of Fame inductions this weekend.

The one thing that really surprised me when we got here is just how much this seems like home; "this" being this group of people. I only see most of them on these tours and yet in many ways I feel more at home and more myself here than anywhere else. Perhaps its the shared experiences of both travel and work. Perhaps its that we're all brothers and sisters in Christ. All I know is that I am thankful for these friends and am looking forward to enjoying the good times ahead.

3 comments:

Dayna Chu said...

Aw shucks... we love you too Stace! And just think, a couple of us get to keep hanging out when we get back to Calgary! :) You and me... Chinook mall... No SALES TAX! :) Dayna

Stephen said...

Well geezzz... Now some of us really feel left out. *sniff sniff* Now I'm gonna have to relive the good o'l days with my contact cards and memories.

Did you mention snow... funny, there's almost none here in Winterp... I mean Winnipeg.

Stacey Sparshu Miller said...

I didn't mean to leave anyone out! Just saying that ALL my recruiter friends become like family...soon I'll have to go home...definitely mixed feelings about that. It's a good thing I'll have Dayna to keep me from losing my mind!

It's a tough job, Dayna, but someone has to do it!