Monday, November 13, 2006

My life's ambition

So today's question of the day was this: if you could have been cast in any movie, what would it be? It could be a cameo appearance just to get you on the set or you could go ahead and take over the lead roll. Remember, you're acting the part, not living it (big difference!).

This lead to a bunch of interesting conversation although don't they all!? Anyway, I had a hard time deciding what movie I would want to play a part in. Top Gun? Tomb Raider if it meant I got to tour some of the set locations and do some of the amazing stunts...providing I was in good enough shape. Pirates of the Caribbean or Lord of the Rings just because I think being a part of the process would be so cool.

And then it came...Finding Nemo. Cars. Little Mermaid. Shrek.

I COULD VOICE AN ANIMATED FEATURE LENGTH FILM!

How cool would that be!?

People say that I look like Cameron Diaz and if she can do it (a la Shrek) than so can I!!

So there you have it. My new life's ambition. I want to voice a cartoon...no wait, it sounds better if you say animated film. Yes. That's what I want to do when I grow up.

6 comments:

Stephen said...

I still want to be a cowboy when I grow up.

My role would be a knight in some medieval movie, William Wallace "Braveheart", William Thatcher "Knights Tale", Aragorn "LOTR", or pretty much any role that lets me wear armor and swing a sword or shoot a bow. Oooh... Robin Hood.

Anonymous said...

Just a little bug in your ear....remember my brother in law, Terry? Animated films/tv is what he happens to make a living at...just another reason to come visit me, we could meet Terry for dinner and you could share your new life's ambition!!! And seriously, what girl hasn't practised singing "Part of your World"...I think it's a secret ambitiont obe just like Jodi Benson!

Kelly

Anonymous said...

Just a little bug in your ear....remember my brother in law, Terry? Animated films/tv is what he happens to make a living at...just another reason to come visit me, we could meet Terry for dinner and you could share your new life's ambition!!! And seriously, what girl hasn't practised singing "Part of your World"...I think it's a secret ambition to be just like Jodi Benson!

Kelly

Anonymous said...

I'd be in Phantom Menace, and do Anakin. Because that kid, um, did not do so good of a job, and I think even I could have done better.

"Mr. Quaigon; sir?"
"I can't do it Mom. I just can't do it."
"Are you an angel?"

I shudder, just remembering those lines.

Unknown said...

I have to second the comment about the kid who played Anakin. My dog could've done a better job, and he only knows a few words.

Stacey, remember you could always play the part of a flamingo in a movie!

The idea has been brought up twice now, but taking part in the production of LOTR would've been sweet. My favorite books from my childhood, and made into some of my favorite movies. You could've just made me orc #12 in scene 27 for all I care. Or course I would have to wear makeup or a mask...not too many Asian-looking elves or Rohirrim.

Stacey Sparshu Miller said...

wouldn't you all just laugh if I DID get a part playing some feisty flamingo in an animated adventure!? I would too!

Kel, do you really think that Terry could hook me up?