Sunday, November 15, 2009

What would happen if all of us discovered our God-given dreams? To live our lives in such a way that everything we did – every choice, every act – was used to fulfill those dreams. If all of us began to live "wide awake," the world would never be the same.

Erwin McManus

Just think about that for a minute. What would it look like if every single God oriented person lived with the reality of God's best dreams for them in mind? If everyone was freed from their fears, insecurities and doubt to reach for His good purposes and plans, plans to prosper them and not to harm them, to give them hope and a future what kind of world would it be?

I've talked about it a lot, living in the sweet spot where you're living and doing exactly what you were created for. I know I'm not there yet. I've had moments, but I'm not consistently there. More often I feel restless and discontented, striving for something "more" without even really knowing what that "more" is. I wish I could somehow capture those quality moments and figure out just what it is that makes them so sweet. What is it that, if I could put my finger on it, I would be able to say with certainty is the dream God has put on my heart, the dream God dreams for me? What gifts and abilities do I possess that I MUST use in order to be feeling fully satisfied and freed to be me?

Somehow I need to capture that because I know that it's as I'm searching that out and living it out more completely that I will be able to help others around me find and live out what it is for them. I think it would be absolutely world changing to have a whole bunch of people living completely as they were intended and created to live, 100% true to their uniquenesses and purposes.

No comments: