Saturday, March 08, 2008

So I was on the train on my way home yesterday when something a little bit odd happened. We got to the second last stop on the line and stopped. I know, odd. Oh, of only sarcasm carried through blog posts. Anyway, we sat for a minute or two longer than normal and then the driver got off, looking slightly flustered, and ran across the tracks to the other side of the platform. All of us on the train were left feeling slightly unsure of how we were getting home. As I watched, a train came from the other direction and our driver proceeded to get on that train. It took several long minutes of waiting before a driver came off that train to ours to take his place. Here's the best part of it. We got to my stop, the last stop on the line, and the new driver announced that the train was now out of service and got off the train.

I just found it all a little bit weird.

And that, my friends, is the beauty of public transit.

No comments: